box Betty Crocker™ Super Moist™ Party Rainbow Chip cake mix
containers Betty Crocker™ Rich & Creamy vanilla or creamy white frosting
Rainbow colors for food coloring
Mix the cake mix with the eggs, water and oil until combined.
Fill cupcake liners 3/4 of the way full and bake for 15-20 minutes at 350°F. Then let them cool completely.
Divide (no need in measuring) one container of frosting into six mini bowls.
Add a few drops of food coloring in a mini bowl. Repeat one color to each bowl to make separate frosting bowls of the colors of the rainbow - red, orange, yellow, green, blue, purple.
With the other container of frosting, frost a layer of white onto each cupcake.
Fill small zipper storage bags with the individual frosting. Cut a tiny hole in the corner of the bag and pipe on the dots.
More About This Recipe
- Party Rainbow Chip - It’s like a party every time you take a bite!
Party Rainbow Chip has always been my favorite box cake. I remember asking my mom to make it for several birthdays. They are really cute as cupcakes. To match the adorable dots inside, I pipe rainbow polka dots on the top. I have to say, these little dots add a lot of charm to the cupcakes! Polka Dot Rainbow Cupcakes are adorable and the bright colors are a dose of happiness. :)
Mix the cake mix with the eggs, water and oil until combined. Fill the cupcake liners 3/4 of the way full and bake for 15-20 minutes at 350 degrees. Then let them cool completely.
Divide (no need in measuring) one container of frosting into six mini bowls. Add a few drops of food coloring in a mini bowl. Use one color for each bowl to make separate frosting bowls of the colors of the rainbow. I used red, orange, yellow, green, blue and purple.
With the other container of frosting, frost a layer of white onto each cupcake.
Fill small zipper storage bags with the individual colored frosting. Quick Tip: When filling the bags with frosting, place the plastic bag into a tall glass and fold the edges of the bag over the sides of the glass. It allows a nice opening to spoon the frosting in without it getting all over your hands.
Cut a tiny (really tiny!) hole in the corner of the bag to pipe on the dots.
Now pipe mini dots onto the top of the cupcakes. The colors look so beautiful together!
- 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup milk
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup butter
- 1 cup white sugar
- 3 eggs, room temperature
- red food coloring
- blue food coloring
- green food coloring
- yellow food coloring
Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line two 12 cup muffin pans with paper baking cups. Stir together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl. Whisk together the milk, vegetable oil, and vanilla extract in a separate bowl until evenly blended set aside.
Beat the butter and sugar with an electric mixer in a large bowl until light and fluffy. The mixture should be noticeably lighter in color. Add the room-temperature eggs one at a time, allowing each egg to blend into the butter mixture before adding the next. Pour in the flour mixture alternately with the milk mixture, mixing until just incorporated.
Divide the cake batter into four separate bowls. Add a few drops of food coloring into one bowl of batter and stir add more food coloring, if necessary, to reach the desired shade. Repeat with the remaining colors and bowls of batter.
Using a different spoon for each color batter, spoon a small spoonful of each color into the cupcake liners, until 1/2 to 3/4 full. Do not mix the batter once it is in the cupcake liner. Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the cake comes clean, about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Preheat a moderate oven (350°F/175°C)
- Make 1 of your vanilla cake batters per the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Separate your cake batter into 6 eve bowls, and colour each bowl a different colour of the rainbow. Mix well so that the colours are well mixed.
- Spray your cake pop mold with nonstick spray.
- Fill each section of the cake pop mold with a different coloured cake batter.
- Place the top back onto the mold, and bake in the oven for about 8 minutes.
- If the cake batter rises outside of mold, trim with a serrated knife.
- Make another vanilla cake mix per the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Line your 6’’ cake tin with a circle of parchment paper. Take another long piece of parchment paper, fold it in half, and wrap it into a circle to line the walls of your cake tin and goes an inch above your cake tin.
- Place 5-8 cake balls into the bottom of your cake tin. Spoon vanilla cake mix over the cake balls and scoop in cake batter over those cake balls.
- Bake for about 30 minutes.
- Repeat with 2 more cakes, giving your 3 total cakes.
- Use a serrated edge knife to trim the bottoms of your cakes. Then, line your 3 cake layers up and trim off the tops of the cakes. Make sure there are no brown layers showing on the tops or bottoms of your cakes.
- Smear buttercream frosting onto your 6’’ cake board. Then, stack your first cake layer. Add buttercream frosting to the top of that cake layer, and stack another cake. Frost again, and stack another cake.
- Frost the top and entire outside of the cake.
- Transfer to the freezer for 20 minutes to set.
- Pour a generous amount of sprinkles into your tray.
- Once set, add another layer of frosting. Place the other 6’’ cake layer on top of your cake.
- Hold your cake by the two cake boards, and roll them into your sprinkles. Pat down any sprinkles in places that have gaps.
- Remove the cake board from the top of your cake, and add more buttercream frosting. Coat the top layer with sprinkles.
- Tie a blue ribbon around the base of the cake.
Spotted! 20 Pretty Polka Dot Desserts
It’s no secret that we love polka dots here at Brit + Co. Another one of our favorite things? Dessert! Put the two together and you can’t go wrong. We’ve rounded up 20 pretty polka dot desserts you should make ASAP.
Be sure to check out our Cake Baking 101 E-Class, taught by pastry chef and blogger Tessa Huff of Style Sweet CA!
In just 35 minutes you’ll learn how to make a delicious three-layer vanilla buttercream cake with colorful polka dots to show off!
Alright, now let’s get to the good stuff. Read on for some of our favorite polka dot recipes!
1. Polka Dot Rainbow Cupcakes: Let’s start out simple with this adorable cupcakes recipe that will brighten up anyone’s day. (via tablespoon)
2. Polka Dot Cheesecake: Make your cheesecake ultra-adorable by adding chocolate polka dots. (via Zoom Yummy)
3. Polka Dot Cheesecake Brownie: These cheesecake brownies can easily be customized for any upcoming holidays. Umm, pink and red polka dot cheesecake brownies, anyone? (via Bailey Bakes)
4. Polka Dot French Meringues: Decorate simple French meringues with colorful chocolate candies to really make them pop. Plus, the kiddos will love them! (via Chef Nini)
5. Nutella Hot Chocolate: Baby, it’s cold outside. Sip on yummy hot chocolate, complete with whipped cream, cinnamon, chocolate shavings and colorful sprinkles for that polka dot finish. (via Momtastic)
6. Polka Dot Cake with Strawberry and Rhubarb: You’re not even going to want to eat this cake. It’s so pretty. But you have to — there’s strawberry and rhubarb goodness inside! (via Rasberri Cupcakes)
7. Dotted Steam Cupcakes: Oven down? No problem. These adorable cupcakes were steamed. How cool is that? Plus, they’re filled with JAM. (via LRF)
8. Jumbo Sixlets Cookies : Mix Sixlets candies into your favorite cookie dough for a new twist on traditional chocolate chip cookies. Delicious, candy-coated goodness. (via love + olive oil)
9. Surprise-Inside Dotty Cake: You’ll bring a smile to everyone’s face when you slice open this baby. Yummy pound cake with a fun surprise inside? Yes, please! (via In Katrina’s Kitchen)
10. Colorful Buttercream Cake: Learn how to make this lovely cake in no time with a video tutorial from an actual pastry chef. (via Brit + Co)
11. Ladybug Cake: How fun is this ladybug cake? We’re told kids love it, but we’re crazy about it, too. (via My Pastries)
12. Cream Pie: This cake is simple to make and extremely delicious. The kicker? The top and bottom are made out of Oreo cookie crumbs. Come on! (Kanela And Lemon)
13. Polka Dot Inside-And-Out Cake: We’re going dotty over this cake. It’s perfect for a polka dot-themed birthday party, don’t you think? (via Handmade Charlotte)
14. Dotty Heart Cookies: These cookies look like they’re a lot of work, but the recipe is actually quite simple. Show off your decorating skills with these treats. (via The Sweet Adventures of Sugarbelle)
15. Polka Dot Cheesecake Sandwich Bars: Mini cheesecake bars sandwiched between graham crackers. Need we say more? (via Today Home)
16. Polka Dot Cupcakes: You can completely skip the frosting on these cupcakes. Why, you ask? These colorful cakes have a secret creamy filling. (via Land O Lakes)
17. Polka Dot Cut-Out Cake: This recipe has a lot of steps, but we know that YOU have mad skills. Plus, you’ll be a glorified baker when your friends keep asking how you made this colorful polka dot cake. (via McCormick)
18. Mini White Chocolate Cheesecake: The texture of these mini cheesecakes is mouth-numbingly-addictive. Sprinkled with ginger and coconut, plus polka dots, these minis are the perfect addition to your next dinner party. (via The Kawaii Kitchen)
19. Spotted Banana Bars: Do you have ripe bananas that are about to go bad? Mix them up in this recipe to make these spotted bars. (via Daily Fix)
20. Easter Polka Dot Cake: We’re not going to lie… this springy cake is a little time-consuming, but the steps are pretty easy. Plus, there are SO. MANY. POLKA. DOTS. #loveit (via Sugar Hero)
Do you have a fun polka dot dessert recipe? Share your dotty treats with us on Instagram. Make sure to use #britstagram so we can check them out!
Политики магазина в отношении sweettreatssupplies
Возврат и обмен
Магазин не осуществляет обмен, возврат товаров или отмену заказа
Сведения о возврате и обмене
All Sales are Final however if your order is incorrect or shipped to the wrong address due to an error I made Please Contact me First.
Any Return or Exchange must be Authorized by me Prior to Returning an Item. If it is shipped back without my Authorization it will not be Refunded nor will it be Returned to the Customer.
Due to Health and Safety reasons ALL SALES ARE FINAL. All products in our store are food grade products used in baking or decorating.
Because we specialize in bulk sales and/or individual needs our products are packaged accordingly.
They are not professionally sealed as you'd find in a brick & mortar store that seals their products on the production line.
Cancellations and Refunds are not available for Pinwheels once your Handmade item has been started as these are Custom Made for You.
We are an on-line retailer only and our products are carefully handled by us only.
Политики в отношении доставки
If your Party or Event is in 3 Weeks or Less Please purchase your supplies locally if possible. If you must order on-line create a back-up plan should your order not arrive in time.
Please Note: Should your items arrive after your Event Date - All Sales Are Final per our Returns & Exchange Policies.
All orders will be Shipped to the Address listed on Etsy Invoice. If Address is Incorrect Please Contact me Prior to Shipping so I can advise you on how to proceed.
I will not make Address Changes even with Customers Authorization to ship to a different address per an email request.
I Process & Ship Out All Orders the next Business Day once your Payment has Cleared. This excludes Weekends & Holidays.
All orders are shipped thru USPS 1st class mail only unless you've upgraded your order to Priority Mail for an additional fee.
Please Contact Me to make Arrangements to Purchase Insurance for your goodies thru USPS as I am not responsible for lost or damaged packages.
Insurance is the Only way I can file a Claim thru USPS on lost or damaged orders.
Please Note: Due to the times: Priority Mail is taking longer than normal and can take upwards of 10 Business Days to Arrive.
Due to the COVID-19 Pandemic & Protesting & Riots Shipping Times are taking 1-4 Weeks to arrive.
Unfortunately I don't know why or have any control over the increase in shipping times but am speculating it is due to Excessive On-Line Purchasing creating an Increased Shipping Demand on USPS Processing & Transportation Delays thru USPS.
Please be patient during these times and allow your package to arrive. It will not be considered lost until it's been over 30 since it was picked up by USPS.
Currently I am not shipping out any International orders as USPS has stopped shipping to many countries and they are not clearing Customs.
All U.S. orders have a Tracking Number. You can find that by going to the Tool Bar on the Top of Page. Click onto "YOU". Click onto Purchases & Reviews. To the Right you'll see a Blacked out Track Package Link. Click on that to track your order.
All orders include shipping & handling fees. Those rates include the actual cost of shipping thru USPS, packaging expenses and minimal business expenses that include time & labor for pulling, packing & processing your order.