- Dish type
- Biscuits and cookies
- Peanut butter cookies
These cookies are deliciously simple. If you want to make these vegan-friendly, make sure you use dairy-free vegetable margarine.
274 people made this
IngredientsMakes: 18 cookies
- 75g soft vegetable margarine
- 50g peanut butter
- 50g caster sugar
- 50g demerara sugar
- 100g plain flour
- 1 pinch of salt
MethodPrep:15min ›Cook:20min ›Ready in:35min
- Blend margarine with peanut butter and then stir in the sugars.
- Stir in the flour to make a dough.
- Shape the mixture into 18 balls. Space them out onto baking trays and flatten each slightly with a fork (making a criss-cross pattern on the top).
- Bake each tray for about 15 minutes at 200 C / Gas 6 until light brown.
- Leave to cool slightly before very carefully transferring them to a cooling rack.
Make perfect cookies every time with our How to make cookies guide!
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(22)
Reviews in English (22)
Really tasty. I used sainsburys freefrom sunflower spread and it worked really well. I recommend crunchy peanut butter because the texture is good.-20 Nov 2011
Really easy to prepare but I'd suggest checking the cookies after about 12mins as I managed to overbake half the batch! Tasty and went down well with my husband so I think they'll be made again.-26 Feb 2012
Really good, golden, crisp and full of peanutty goodness!-22 Aug 2013