We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
- Dish type
- Biscuits and cookies
- Chocolate biscuits
Wrapped as a small gift, people assume these delicious chocolate biscuits are from a posh bakery. Wrong! They are a one bowl wonder that's so easy, even the teenagers can do them. The secret is the icing sugar coating that 'splits' as the biscuits spread...
7 people made this
- 125g plain flour
- 100g caster sugar
- 60g cocoa (unsweetened)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 75g softened butter
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- icing sugar for coating
MethodPrep:10min ›Cook:10min ›Ready in:20min
- Blend everything - except the icing sugar - in a food processor until it clumps together.
- Chill mix for one hour, if time permits, to make rolling easier. Roll heaped teaspoonfuls into balls then roll heavily in icing sugar... that's HEAVILY until the layer is thick, white and loose! Do not flatten.
- Bake at 180 C / Gas 4 for 10 minutes on greased baking trays.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes before lifting.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(2)
Reviews in English (2)
Fabulously easy to make, chuck it all in a bowl and mix, that's my kind of baking. A cakey type of biscuit but for something quick with little butter (we don't have much in the house atm) satisfying.-20 Nov 2012(Review from this site AU | NZ)