We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Some of the week's biggest food and drink stories
Weekly Media Mix
The Daily Byte's Weekly Media Mix rounds up the week's big food stories.
• A new eco-label will allow UK diners to enjoy endangered eel by the end of the year. [Guardian]
• Scientists believe they have discovered a 'Fat Gene' that affects cholesterol and diabetes. [Time]
• New York City's legendary Upper East Side celeb-hangout, Elaine's, will close next week. [NYT]
• Shake Shack opens in D.C. [Eater]
Press • The rise of "Dude-itors" on the Manhattan media scene. [WWD]
Entertainment • An all grown-up Soleil Moon Frye of Punky Brewster will host an online cooking show for moms. [NY Daily News]
Products • Jamie Oliver is partnering with Electronic Arts to create a social food game. [All Things Digital]
• Gilt Taste launched this week, offering artisanal gourmet items. [NYT]
Events • Morimoto will host a fundraiser on June 7th to benefit Japanese disaster relief. [GS]
• London Eye pop-up restaurant will be part of the London Restaurant Festival this fall. [Big Hospitality]
Industry • Starbucks is teaming up with Lady Gaga for a digital promotional campaign in June. [USA]
• Ex-Google chefs to expand their catering company, Gastronaut. [WSJ]
• The new Preakness mascot, Kegasus, angers Maryland officials. [GS]
Shame of the Week • A woman is being charged with a third degree felony after attempting to trade a salad in exchange for drugs. [KSL]
• A Wisconsin man consumed his 25,000 Big Mac. [YouTube]
The Daily Byte is a regular column dedicated to covering interesting food news and trends across the country. Click here for previous columns.